I am very excited to announce that I have been nominated for a Liebster Award by Mary at In the Boondocks. If, like me, you hadn’t heard of the Leibster Award before, it’s an award created to recognise and discover new bloggers. The award is given by bloggers to other new bloggers. When you’re nominated for the Liebster award you are asked to answer 11 questions from the Blogger who nominated you. I think it’s a great way share and discover new bloggers and the blogging community.
Firstly, I want to thank the lovely Mary for thinking of me, I’m not sure she realises but her nomination came at a time when I really needed a boost … so thank you! Mary is an avid DIYer, and loves to recycle and repurpose anything that looks like junk. Please take the time to pop over and visit Mary’s at In the Boondocks and see what wonderful projects she is working on!
My questions from Mary:
1. Why did you start blogging?
I started blogging as a creative outlet, I also wanted to share my projects and DIY adventures … and misadventures. I’m hoping I can help and inspire others who are new to DIY.
2. Do you have a favorite blogger?
My favourite blogger and the inspiration for starting my own blog would be Virginia at Live Love DIY. She’s a gorgeous gal and I have been following her DIY adventures a few years now … she is very inspiring.
3. What inspires you for your blog?
My family … and creating a loving home for them. I also never knew I could love painting so much!
4. Do you ever get writer’s block (or blogger’s block), and if so what do you do about it?
I pick up a paint brush and paint something … anything! If that doesn’t work, then I go for a run with Ollie (our beautiful cavoodle).
5. What type of music do you listen to?
I’m a big fan of pop music and usually have the radio tuned to a “top 40” station. If I’m running I listen to “house” music. Otherwise, for a little nostalgia I love the 80s … as it reminds me of my youth.
6. Which do you prefer, the mountains or the beach?
The Beach! It’s the Aussie in me. I love the sound of the ocean and early morning jogs along the beach.
7. What would your dream house be like?
A cottage by the sea with bleached weatherboards … a rambling garden, a sandy path to the beach and an outdoor shower for washing the sand off!
8. Are you a cat or a dog person?
That’s a hard one, I have grown up with some wonderful cats … Toby, Pixie … to name a few. But at the moment our family is totally in love with our cavoodle “Ollie”.
9. What is your favorite hobby (aside from blogging)?
I love reading … so much so I even started a bookclub with a couple of friends. It’s been going for about 7 years now … it’s such a good excuse to catch up and drink wine with good friends each month.
10. What is your favorite season and why?
Definitely summer. I love the hot weather … so long as I can escape for a while into air-conditioning. For those of us in the southern hemisphere it also means Christmas!
11. If you inherited $50,000 what would you do with it?
My practical side tells me I should put it towards our mortgage … but I would love to renovate our kitchen and bathroom.
And now for my nominations:
My questions for the nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Do you have a favourite blogger?
- What is your favourite post and why?
- How do you like to relax or unwind?
- What is your favourite book/novel to re-read?
- Who inspires you?
- What is your guilty pleasure?
- What movie would you watch if you were feeling down?
- How do you avoid writer’s (or blogger’s) block?
- Favourite holiday destination?
- Tea or coffee?
And lastly … the rules:
- Link back to the person who nominated you
- Answer the questions designated by the blogger who nominated you
- Nominate up to 11 other new bloggers with less than 200 followers & notify them
- Give your nominees a list of questions they have to answer
- Display the Liebster Award Logo on your page
- List these 6 rules on your post
Grace At Home | Foodie Friday & Everything Else | Your Turn To Shine | The Inspiration Gallery | Saturday Sparks | Share It One More Time | Silver Pennies Sunday | Something to Talk About | The Scoop | Show and Share | Inspire Me Monday |